Monday, March 31, 2008

Hello? Hellooooo? Anyone there?

Is anyone out there? In know someone must be. I have gotten over 1200 hits on my blog since I started it 3 months ago. That's over 400 hits a month. Yet, I only have about 4 posted comments (thanks Holly!) Hey all you readers! Please don't be afraid to say something and make yourself known! It helps me feels like I am not talking to a wall/computer screen.

Ok, next topic: The Tudors!!! For those of you that know me well, you know I am only slightly obsessed with history, specifically English history (hey there again Holly!) Yes, I was the DORK in college with the major in biomedical science and I almost had a minor (9 hours short) in history. I took history classes for fun. Stop laughing. Even now, one of my greatest relaxation techniques is to read history books ie: historical biographies, historical fiction, etc. My favorite period of history is Tudor England. The drama that occurred in about a 40 year time period is like Desperate Housewives on steroids. And, even better, it changed the face of the world at the time and the course of history. It truly is a part of the world we live in today. But, I digress......
The Tudors was on last night and the first episode of the second season did not disappoint. It took me the whole first season to get over the fact that Jonathon Reese Myers was cast as Henry- he doesn't even have the classic Tudor red hair! But now, I am so into his portrayal of this famous King, I don't care about the rest. He really nails Henry's volatile temper, the self doubt and the mental instability that starts to show itself during this time. Of course, the costume designer takes many liberties, trying to make things look fabulous and grand, but some of the designs she puts Anne in are just crazy. I wish she would stick to making it a little more authentic, but Showtime wants all the flashiness and flesh it can get. I will wait until the second episode to make more comments I have about the relationship between Henry and Anne because I think some of the things they may show next week will be important. If you have not seen this series, the first season is on DVD and it's awesome. Let me know if you watch it, or you have seen it. That would require you to make a comment though! ;)

2 comments:

Erin Martinez said...

Hey! I can sympathize with the no comments thing. I call my mother a lurker because she never leaves comments on my blog!

I love The Tudors! We had been eagerly awaiting this season and Mike and I had a premiere party on Sunday (okay it was just the two of us). We love it!

Anonymous said...

You know, as much as I love British History (being my major & all), I really don't like Henry much. Anne was a total trollop. I haven't seen the show, but I was told they don't make Catherine seem authentic & they make Anne less annoying and temper tantrumish than she was.