Sunday, April 6, 2008

Brannon is now officially a Holy Terror!



For those of you that know Brannon, you know he can be described as my "spirited" child. While Wesley walks the straight and narrow path, Brannon prefers to RUN down every crooked one he can find! Never mind the minor incident this week when I took him to Chick Fil-A and he walked by someone's table, grabbed a chicken nugget, popped it in his mouth and continued on to the playroom. And no, I am not talking about the incident this week where he found a cactus bush, grabbed it with both hands and tried to pull it out of the ground (amazing he did not get a single needle in him.) No, I am referring to a few days ago when Wes was at first communion class at our new church. When we went to pick him up, he was in the church listening to the priest, so I, along with about 30 other moms were waiting in the lobby just outside the sanctuary doors. Brannon of course brought with him a couple of dinosaurs (we don't leave home without them) and I have Tierney on my hip. I walked over to the doors that lead to the sanctuary (they are glass) to see if I could locate Wes. Brannon was looking through the doors with me. Then, I spot Wes and lean down to point him out to Brannon. Brannon's gone. I look to my right and left, he couldn't have gone far, I only had my eyes off him for 10 seconds. I spin around and dart my eyes across the lobby. When I finally locate him, I wanted to disappear. In the center of the lobby area is a big white stone pedestal about 4.5 ft high. On top of the pedestal is a glass bowl containing the Holy Water. Somehow Brannon had hoisted himself up, stomach propped on the pedestal edge, feet dangling in the air, DRINKING the Holy Water like a dog. Oh, and for good measure the dinosaurs were in the bowl too, looking like 2 birds taking a bath. Words cannot describe the heat in my face, the embarrassment I felt and all those moms were watching him. I run over and pulled him down and he tells me that he was thirsty and his dinosaurs wanted a bath "puz dey were dirty." His little curls framing his face are wet, as is the front of his shirt. Being that no one in this church yet know us by name, I am sure I will now be known as "the mother who let her child drink Holy Water."


Here's a picture of my little Angel, playing with his dinosaurs in my mom's garden.

2 comments:

Travis said...

HILARIOUS. Figured I'd chime in with a comment since a prior post asks for them. BTW, this is MAP, not Travis - our computer settings automatically sign in as him. Anyway...sounds like you're off to making a memorable impression here in the Austin area! Ha! :)

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest story!!! I swear I will laugh out loud for days every time I think of it. I'm glad it wasn't me - although there's always next Sunday!!! Love it!