Friday, April 11, 2008

Cheap Wine of the week that is really 2



So, I have been meaning to blog about my cheap wine of the week, ever since last week when I discovered a really good cheap wine. But then, I have been so busy this past week I didn't have time to blog. Then, I found my cheap wine of this week. So, now I am doing the cheap wine of the week, but this week also has last week's recommendation.

Last Week: Rex Goliath Merlot. This wine has a picture of a rooster on it but most importantly it only set me back $6. It's quite smooth for a cheap wine and after drinking a couple glasses Ben found it amusing to talk about the wine with a cock on it.

This Week: S.O.B. (Sun of a Beach) Chardonnay. I was making Mushroom and Goat Cheese stuffed Chicken Breasts tonight with sauteed red potatoes and grilled zucchini and portobello mushrooms. Notice I said "was." That's because I bought a cheap white wine to go with my meal. Like any good cook, I opened it before I started cooking and now I am not cooking anymore. Drinking this good cheap wine (again only $6) made me have no desire but to do anything but sit on my patio and drink my wine enjoying the beautiful breeze and 70 degree weather on my back porch. So now the kids are eating the good 'ole chicken nugget standby (they are shaped like dinosaurs so that means extra points for mommy) and then Ben and I will continue to sit on the porch because we are lazy wine drinkers.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: