Friday, August 29, 2008

Can I get a SHOUT for the Supermom!!!!

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face, tears of happiness. I am watching FOX news and to see who has been nominated for McCain's VP pick has filled me with empowerment. To see a mom of 5, a family woman, get nominated for the second highest position in the country is incredible! I gave up my career to become a mom. For the past several years I have felt like a baby factory and a milk machine. I feel like Sarah Palin represents me. For one thing, she will be such a great voice for moms, working and staying at home, plus issues that matter to families. Secondly, if she can achieve this with 5 kids, then I can too! Many people have asked me when I am running for some sort of political office. I LOVE politics. I remember marching in a parade when my Grandpa ran for Indiana Representative with a t-shirt on that said "Vote for my Grandpa." Even as a child, I loved it! He lost, but only cause he was on the wrong ticket. You might say I learned my first political lesson: be a republican! Now, I can see that having children and putting them first, doesn't have to mean it's the death of a potential political career. I think I can see a State Representative election in my future!!!

No comments: