Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's that time of year....

I know I haven't posted in a week or so- and I love that people are bugging me about it cause it actually means someone is reading this! ;) Actually we've had a very busy past week, we just got back from Austin where we did more house stuff. This move is so stressful and the current market conditions aren't helping matters. I will feel a lot better when our house has sold! Ben got back in town on Thursday after being in Wisconsin for 2 weeks. He came home and definately had to thaw (it was so cold up there!) The kids were excited to see him and I am glad he's been here to provide me with a little break!
So my funny story of the week: This past Tuesday night, I was putting the boys to bed (after a very long day) and we were reading a Christmas book. The book mentioned the song "O Holy Night." After we got don Wes asked me what that song was and I explained it was a song about Jesus being born. He aske me to sing it for him so I was rocking Brannon on the edge of Wes' bed, lights were off, Wes was tucked in, and I sang the song for them. This whole time Brannon had his head on my shoulder- head facing away from me so I couldn't see his face. When I finished, Wes asked me to sing it again. So, I did and this whole time the room is dark and Brannon was so still I thought he was asleep. After I got finished with the song a second time Wes replies "Mom I need to remember that Christmas isn't about getting presents, it's really about Jesus' birthday." So I am sitting on the edge of his bed, in the dark and we have about a 5 minute conversatoin on all the things Jesus taught us while he was here on Earth. This whole time Brannon is so still I am convinced he's asleep. I then get up and place Brannon in his crib, again, Brannon looks asleep, and I go over annd give Wes a kiss and hug (the boys share a room.) As I am walking out the door I hear, "MOOOOMMMM!" This is from Brannon. I go over to his crib, "Yes, Bran?" He replies, "Mom, Jesus loves me so much he wants me to have a velociraptor!" So, my sweet little 2-year old, this whole time pretending to be asleep, was thinking about how to twist that converstion to still get himself a present! And by the way, you should have heard how he pronounced velociraptor- one of the cutest things ever!

And, Happy Birthday to Karen K on the 6th! We were thinking of you and hope you had a great day and many many more ahead of you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, two year old boys!! B's a stinker! Glad Wes is starting to "get" it.