Monday, January 21, 2008

House Update

Well, it looks like the offer from the buyers of last week is going to fall through. I must say that I am not too disappointed. Our new house won't be finished until the end of July so I still have a long time to sell. And even though Ben has to be in Austin all week, we are happy here. We miss him but Wes is doing great in school and the kids and I have our network of friends, so if the right offer doesn't come along, I'm not selling!

On a different note, our NEW house problems have been ridiculous. I will spare you the details over the last 2 months but we have had to switch builders and neighborhoods. My builder was doing some dirty stuff and it was getting worse by the day, so we decided to get out while we good and start over. (Don't ever build a home with Drees!) We have started over by building a house in the Lakeway area of Austin. I am so excited! I truly believe everything happens for a reason, and this whole situation is bringing us a better deal than I could've dreamed of! The schools are known to be some of the best in the state, a new outdoor Galleria is going to be 3 minutes from my neighborhood, and the views are breathtaking with huge hills and Lake Travis close by. We got a lot on a Col-de-sac that backs up to a heavily wooded nature preserve. What more could we ask for! Here are some links for pictures of the new house. These are pictures taken at the model for our floorplan that is in a different neighborhood in Austin!
http://www.taylorwoodrowna.com/indexPopup.cfm?Method=Homes_PopupPhoto&ModelID=4098&ImageNumber=1&CommunityID=263&MetroAreaID=7
http://www.taylorwoodrowna.com/indexPopup.cfm?Method=Homes_PopupPhoto&ModelID=4098&ImageNumber=2&CommunityID=263&MetroAreaID=7
http://www.taylorwoodrowna.com/indexPopup.cfm?Method=Homes_PopupPhoto&ModelID=4098&ImageNumber=3&CommunityID=263&MetroAreaID=7





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer about the houses. That's very frustrating. You asked about churchs, and we always said we'd join St. Louis if we moved to Austin. But, partially that's because it has a school, which is my top priority education-wise. I hope the house sells when you need it to!

Oh, and there's no way I'm getting new Uggs anytime soon!

I moved: anglophilefootballfanatic.wordpress.com