Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The joys of potty training


Brannon will be 3 on February 8th and Santa thought it was time Brannon learn to use the potty because he brought lots of big boy underwear (in his favorite motif, Cars and dinosaurs.) Bran hasn't been motivated despite our best efforts, so far, but the prospect of him wearing underwear with Mater on it has him very excited. So 2 nights ago he comes running up to me, "Mommy I have to go peepee let's get on the potty!" Of course, I'm all excited (I know, I know, we don't get out much) and we run to the bathroom, I get Bran undressed, sit him on the potty, and nothing happens! We wait. He starts grunting and making all these "pushing" noises. Finally he starting hitting his private part, looks up at me and yells "Mommy, dis fing not working!"


Last night we had a discussion after prayers about what we were most thankful for in 2007. Wes, Ben and I all talk about how we are thankful for our family, health, blah blah blah and then Bran says, "Well, I am thankful we had dinosaurs in 2007!"


So, from all of us, to all of you and your dinosaurs, Happy New Year! I hope for 2008 Brannon learns how to make his "fing" work and you get all you've hoped for too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How funny. I know those grunting sounds quite well. Mine has NO desire to use the potty. He likes being a baby. He keeps telling us this. We're in the same boat, it seems.