Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I hate vomit!

My poor babies! Brannon and Tierney have a had a stomach virus now for the past 10 days. Actually, Bran had it first and it lasted about 5 days. Then, Tierney got it and it lasted about 5 days. Bran was over his for about 5 days and now he has another one! This one is worse. He threw up 2 nights ago in his sleep, only Ben and I never knew it. We found him the next morning covered in it. I will spare you the disgusting details, the key word being disgusting! For 2 days now he has run about 102-103 fever and something in constantly coming out of some orifice- at least once an hour. As a mom, this is just heartbreaking! Tierney and Wes are fine, for now but it is quite a challenge keeping them away from Brannon. (Of course Ben had since left again!) I just went to check on Brannon tonight and he had a 103.5 degree fever. I woke him, gave him some Motrin and then rocked him as he whimpered himself back to sleep. I am now killing time on the computer cause I want to go check on him again in about 20 minutes to make sure the Motrin is going to stay down. The pediatrician said to just make sure and keep him hydrated. How does a person stay hydrated when they can't stop throwing up? I hate it when my babies are sick. I feel so helpless to make him better. I just have to wait for his little body to figure out how to kick some serious virus butt. And then hope the other 2 (and myself) don't get sick!

2 comments:

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Whoopsy! I signed in with the wrong account! Sorry for the deletion!

I hope B feels better soon. Mine had the same thing happen about a month ago. And, he woke up & simply moved to the floor. Getting out of bed is what alerted us.

LOTS of Pedialite!