Friday, June 13, 2008

It's A Girl!!!!!






We've done it again and added a new member to our family! It's a girl and we've named her Macy. Ok, I told you all I am done having kids so don't go there. No, this little girl is of the feline species. When our kitty Bailey died in March, I promised the kids that when we moved into our house we would get another kitty. But.... we didn't quite make it that long! My girlfriend Corrie (sucker #1) called me about 5 weeks ago when she rescued a stray cat that had just given birth under a hot, dirty loading dock and her husband's warehouse. She's a vet tech so she took care of the whole brood for 5 weeks (while recovering from surgery to remove a cancerous thyroid, God Bless her.) So now here is an available kitten that needs a good home. Enter sucker #2- me. We picked her out a couple of weeks ago when we went up to Mansfield to visit and we got her today. The kids love her and Brannon and Tierney think the only way to communicate with her is to meow as loud as they can, in her face.


How appropriate that today was Friday the 13th and we got an all black kitty with the most beautiful blue eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Of course I was confused for a millisecond, but it didn't take long.