Wednesday, March 18, 2009

is THIS normal?

As a mom, mostly with my first born, I found myself worrying about the "weird" things he did. Somehow it made me feel better when I talked to other moms and they assured me that yes, their child finger painted in their poop, and yes their little boys also were obsessed with grabbing their own "playthings." However, this goes far beyond just a quick check to make sure it's still attached......
Last week Ben and I actually went on a date, ya know:a social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person; and we got a babysitter. I thought the worst thing I would have to explain was to make sure she knew how Tierney asks for "crocs" but it sounds more like, "I want my ..." (just delete the r and she could be a songwriter for Britney.) Anyway, we are standing upstairs and I am explaining to her about putting Tierney to bed when Brannon starts using his fingers to make the shape of a gun and begins firing at her "pew, pew, pew....) I stopped talking, look over at him and said, "Brannon stop using your hands to shoot Susie*" (*not her real name.) This was my big mistake I know now, I shouldn't have specified a body part. I keep talking to Susie about nightlights and bedtime books, while watching Bran out of the corner of my eye, to make sure he didn't try to sneak a shot. Then, it was like a light bulb exploded in his brain. He broke into a very mischievous grin. Then he grabbed his penis, and through his pants, began to move it up and down (like trying to point a fire hose) and started yelling "pew, pew, pew...." I wanted to die....right there....MOR-TI-FIED...and I am pretty sure that is NOT normal!

Special kudos to my new friend Cynthia for the blog design! You ROCK! If anyone is interested in having her design one for you, email me, and I'll play matchmaker.
My blog will be undergoing a few changes soon, I want to add a recipe section that will post some stuff I've created, or pilfered and want to recommend. Should be fun!

4 comments:

Erin Martinez said...

Very cute header!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Glad you liked working with Cyn. She's a rockstar.

Kim McCaslin Schlieker said...

OMG, where do I start. The penis gun is priceless, I am still laughing and I can imagine it as if I had been there myself!! Christian shoots anything and everyone with anything he can make into a gun. Glad he didn't see that idea!!

Okay, I want your girl to make my blog as fabulous as yours!! I love it, please play matchmaker.

Kim McCaslin Schlieker said...

super cute easter background!!